88 Films head to the late 1960’s for their next release in their ongoing releases of Italian films.
The giallo was still finding its feet when A BLACK VEIL FOR LISA came along in 1968, and along with such earlier murder-mysteries as BLACK AND BLOOD LACE (1964) and SO SWEET… SO PERVERSE (1969), this classic outing proved important to the genre that later filmmakers such as Dario Argento and Sergio Martino would helped to define.
Featuring an assured leading man turn from the legendary British Oscar winner John Mills (GANDHI), A BLACK VEIL FOR LISA was overseen by the iconic Massimo Dallamano (WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SOLANGE?) and offers an engrossing tale of sex and assassination as a frustrated detective plans to murder his cheating wife via a hired hand only for the entire plot to become more and more muddled, macabre and messy… Coloured by all number of crafty giallo twists that only the Italians could do during the heyday of Hitchcockian horror, A BLACK VEIL FOR LISA makes it to British Blu-ray in this outstanding HD transfer from 88 Films!!
- Limited Edition Gloss O-Card slipcase [First Print Run Only]
- Limited Edition Postcard [First Print Run Only]
- Limited Edition Leaflet Notes but Film writer Francesco Massaccesi [First Print Run Only]
- 1080p Presentation of the Film on Blu-ray
- Uncompressed LPCM Audio
- Optional English SDH Subtitles
- Yellow is the New Black – Rachael Nisbet on A Black Veil For Lisa: An Interview with Film Journalist Rachael Nisbet
- Lifting the Veil – Remembering Massimo Dallamano’s A Black Veil For Lisa: An Interview with Film Journalist John Martin
- Theatrical Trailer
- Reversible Sleeve with Alternative Poster Design
88 Films will release A BLACK VEIL FOR LISA on Blu-ray on 11th February 2019 but it can be ordered from their website now via the link below or alternatively order it on Amazon.