Perseverance Records presents the long awaited official release of the 1980 cult classic PROM NIGHT Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.
Perseverance worked closely with Carl Zittrer and Paul Zaza to locate and unearth the original masters and all music recorded for the film including unreleased disco songs and score not used in the final production, never heard before anywhere.
This marks the first official and complete CD release of the PROM NIGHT soundtrack. While the songs themselves have made appearances on a notorious Japanese LP and eventual bootleg recordings sourced from it, there was no official release of the songs – partially because the movie was made in the waning days of the disco fever.
This soundtrack features four different aspects of the music. First it opens with a re-creation of the score as it appears in the film – or as close to it as it could be assembled from the separate elements. Next is the score that wasn’t used in the picture. Then come the disco songs in approximate order – but omitting the Blue Bazaar songs that were not featured in the movie and were used only as filler for the bootleg Japanese LP. The last portion of the album is dedicated to the songs that don’t appear in the picture yet are as intrinsic to the sound of PROM NIGHT as the songs that made it.
“I remember seeing Prom Night during its release in 1980, when disco was still the craze. I was determined to obtain a copy of the soundtrack and to play the theme song at my senior prom only to find that it was never released. I spent years looking at the audiophile catalog at Tower Records hoping to find a release date but no luck. Now, after almost 40 years, my dream has now become a reality! Fans alike are now able to enjoy the soundtrack!“ – Silvio Barretta, Producer
PROM NIGHT is a 1980 cult classic horror thriller directed by Paul Lynch (RoboCop, Xena: Warrior Princess, Poltergeist: The Legacy, Star Trek: The Next Generation) and stars Jamie Lee Curtis as Kim Hammond and Leslie Nielsen as Mr. Hammond. The movie focuses on four middle school children, Kelly Lynch, Jude Cunningham, Wendy Richards, and Nick McBride who hide the truth of what happened six years ago to ten-year-old Robin Hammond the day her body was found near an abandoned convent. They swore never to tell anyone of how they taunted Robin, backing her into a corner, frightened, when falling to her death while standing on a window ledge. But on that day, six years ago, someone else was there, watching, and now seeks revenge on prom night!
- Killer’s Call List
- Tearing Up the Yearbook
- Beach Flashback
- Prom Night Cello Theme
- Killer Tension
- Prom Night Suspense Theme
- Piano Theme
- Dancin’ in the Moonlight
- Love Me Till I Die
- Tonight is Prom Night
- Time to Turn Around
- Fade to Black
- Prom Night (Not used in Film)
- Love Theme (Not used in Film)
- Disco Out the Back Door (Not used in Film)
- You Can Be What You Want To Be
- Another Disco Funk Track
- Funk Dat Disco (Not used in Film)
- Burnin’ With Desire (Not used in film)
- Hallway Chase (Not used in film)
- Haunting Robin (Not used in film)
- Calm Before the Storm (Not used in film)
- Caught in the Web (Not used in film)
- Eerie (Not used in film)
- Escape (Not used in film)
- Hunted (Not used in film)
- Lurking (Not used in film)
- Quivering (Not used in film)
- Trapped (Not used in film)
- Who’s There’ (Not used in film)
- Vertigo (Not used in film)
- Waiting (Not used in film)
- Mystery Build (Not used in film)
- Contains SIX original disco songs written for the movie that were not used in the final cut. NEVER heard before!
- Original cover art by Max Spragovsky