After fourteen years, a new volume of the BHF Book of Horror Stories shuffles its way out of the crypt! And this time we’ve been to the movies. This third collection features more than thirty original tales, inspired by and often featuring favourite characters and situations from British fright films:
* The White Worm menaces a northern child, and pursues his victim into old age
* David, Jack, and Nurse Alex avoid werewolves and steer clear of The Slaughtered Lamb, only to discover death lurking on a Greek island
* The spectre of Tod Slaughter haunts a modish 1960s movie theatre
* Punk legends The Damned star in an eerie adventure alongside a cold and deadly duo of blonde-haired youngsters
* What happens when a bunch of cannibal chefs congregate to discuss the contents of their next menu?
* Professor Quatermass interrogates a familiar face from outer space
The series spawned by Christopher Wood’s late, great ‘British Horror Films’ website has been exhumed – editor Darrell Buxton (Unsung Horrors, The Shrieking Sixties, Short Sharp Shocks) takes up the reins and steers this coachload of hellish new fiction on to your bookshelves. Authors include Ken Shinn, Jez Conolly, Tom Lee Rutter, Samantha Crosby, Tony Earnshaw and many more.
280 pages (approx), illustrated, and with striking new colour cover art by British Fantasy Award nominee Paul Mudie.
BHF Book of Horror Stories is now available to buy here