‘Mesmerising performance… compelling… ’80s-pastiche feel of Drive… an equally well-judged music score… a satisfying vein of black humour’
‘Rare is the thriller that converts Downton Abbey fans to the dark side…a playful ’80s-infused crowd pleaser’
‘Stevens is excellent both as the cordial house guest and the brooding time- bomb ever present beneath his earnest veneer’
‘With its liberal layers of John Carpenter homage, and humour that seeps through the deadpan delivery… a welcome addition to the retro-horror canon’
Second Sight Films welcomes The Guest – Adam Wingard’s cult favourite thriller,starring Dan Stevens in a career-defining turn – on to Limited Edition dual 4K and Blu-ray on 25th October 2021.
This riveting, slick and darkly comic action-thriller catapulted Downton Abbey’s Dan Stevens from TV period drama favourite to Hollywood hardman and a force to be reckoned with, as David, a veteran who turns up unannounced one day at the home of the Peterson family, claiming to be a friend of their recently deceased soldier son, who died in action. Disarming and charming, they welcome the stranger into their home and their lives, but little do they know what they’ve let themselves in for.
On the surface David is the perfect guest, friendly and helpful, with nothing too much trouble, he quickly becomes part of the family, but when people in town start dying under mysterious circumstances, teenage daughter Anna (Maika Monroe – It Follows, Independence Day: Resurgence) begins to suspect that David might not be who he seems.
Now the astounding action-packed thriller gets an incredibly inviting makeover, presented in a rigid slipcase with fantastic new artwork by Adam Stothard and containing 4K and Blu-ray formats, both with brand new colour grading supervised by director Adam Wingard (Godzilla vs Kong, You’re Next). The UHD is presented in Dolby Vision HDR, there’s new and archive commentaries from the director and writer Simon Barrett (You’re Next, V/H/S) and much more, see full list of features below.
With all-out action, a rip-roaring 80s-inspired soundtrack and a wicked glint in its eye, The Guest Limited Edition will be worthy of your hospitality.
• 4K / Blu-ray dual format release
• Brand new colour grading for both formats supervised by Director Adam Wingard
• UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
• New commentary by Director Adam Wingard and Writer Simon Barrett
• Archive commentary by Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
• The Uninvited Guest: a new interview with Actor Dan Stevens
• A Perfect Stranger: a new interview with Actor Maika Monroe
• By Invitation Only: a new interview with Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
• Producing The Guest: a new interview with Producers Keith Calder and Jess Wu Calder
• Light and Fog: a new interview with Director of Photography Robby Baumgartner
• Lightning Strikes: a new interview with Production Designer Tom Hammock
• The Sounds of The Guest: a new interview with Composer Steve Moore
• Deleted / Alternate Scenes, Outtake Gag with optional Director commentary
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
• Limited Edition of 5,000
• Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
• Dual UHD / Blu-ray format
• Various Artists Soundtrack CD
• 160-page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Zena Dixon, Craig Ian Mann and Zoe Rose Smith; Script-to-Screen featuring
storyboards and script extracts, Behind-the-Scenes photos and Adam Wingard soundtrack notes
• 6 collectors’ art cards
Title: The Guest Limited Edition 4K UHD /Blu-ray
Release Date: 25th October 2021
Running Time: 100 mins
Check out Second Sight Films’ website to pre-order this release www.secondsightfilms.co.uk
Also available to Pre-order here: https://amzn.to/2YkxVfd
Follow Second Sight Films on social media: