Part E.T., part ALIEN, British horror classic XTRO is one of the strangest, most shocking exploitation flicks to land on earth during the video nasty heyday.
A film that narrowly avoided inclusion and prosecution on the original nasties list, threw in buckets of blood and gore and some of the most outlandish plot twists of the VHS era to create a truly memorable horror classic. Now it makes its arrival for the first time on Blu-ray courtesy of Second Sight Films as Xtro: Limited Edition Box Set.
Loved by horror fans, reviled by highbrow critics on its original release and one of the most notorious homegrown films of its time, XTRO lands on 18th June 2018 in a newly restored version complete with a raft of new extras, including an hour-long documentary charting the film’s history and its impact, alongside its original alternate ending too.
Father Sam Phillips is playing with his family in the back garden of his idyllic English home when a bright light appears and seemingly abducts him. Three years later, the light returns and dumps a half human half alien creature. After slaughtering a couple who inadvertently stumble on it in a country road, the creature impregnates a woman who gives birth – in one of cinemas most outrageous scenes – to a fully formed Sam. He heads to London, seeking out his family and developing a strange bond with his son. And then things start to get really weird…
SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION FEATURES:
- Limited Edition packaging
- New restoration featuring option of alternate endings plus the original UK video version edit
- New director restoration
- ‘Xploring Xtro’ – a new 57 minute documentary featuring interviews with Harry Bromley-Davenport, Mark Forstater, Bernice Stegers, Susie Silvey, ‘Tik’ – Tim Dry, ‘Tok’ – Sean Crawford, Robert Pereno, Alan Jones and Craig Lapper
- ‘The World of Xtro’ – a new featurette with Dennis Atherton, Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater
- ‘Beyond Xtro’ – a new featurette with Harry Bromley-Davenport and Mark Forstater looking ahead to new reboot ‘Xtro – The Big One’, including excusive test footage
- ‘Xtro Xposed’
- ‘Loving The Alien: A Tribute to Philip Sayer’ featuring exclusive Brian May music tribute
- Soft cover booklet with new writing by Kevin Lyons plus behind-the-scenes stills and promo material
- Original soundtrack CD
- Rigid slipcase featuring original UK video and UK theatrical artwork
- English subtitles for the hearing impaired