Later this month Severin Films will release two films that fans have been clamouring for a release for some time.
INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS
“They planted the LIVING and harvested the DEAD.”
Early 70’s grindhouse patrons were greeted with that proclamation from the salacious poster for INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS, a deranged no budget exercise in audacious audience abuse. Severin Films is bringing Ed Adlum’s unforgettable cult curio to home video in a gorgeous new presentation to plant it’s sinful seeds in a whole new generation of degenerate viewers.
In 1972, a team of New York City exploitation outlaws that included Ed Adlum (SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED), Ed Kelleher (PRIME EVIL) and Michael & Roberta Findlay (THE TOUCH OF HER FLESH, SNUFF) – along with first-time assistant cameraman and future award-winning cinematographer Frederick Elmes (ERASERHEAD, BLUE VELVET) – descended on bucolic Westchester County with 8½ bottles of stage blood to make a movie about a Druid cult seeking to resurrect their dead queen. The budget was $24,000. The cast was paid in beer. And the result remains one of the greatest achievements in schlock/shock cinema history.
Severin Films is proud to present this “accidental masterpiece” (Horror News) like you’ve never seen it before, now scanned from the original negative for the first time ever and spurting with all-new Special Features.
- Audio Commentary with Director Ed Adlum and Actress Ortrum Tippel, Moderated by Kier-La Janisse, Author of House of Psychotic Women
- Nothing You’d Show Your Mom: Eddie Adlum’s Journey through Exploitation, Coin-Op & Rock n’ Roll
- Harvesting the Dead: Interview with Actor Jack Neubeck
- Painful Memories: An Interview with Cinematographer Frederick Elmes
NEXT OF KIN
THE AUSSIE HORROR CLASSIC
ON DISC FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN AMERICA
Severin Films digs up a gem from Down Under and allows it to finally shine in the HD sunlight! NEXT OF KIN is the stylish and haunting Aussie spook show Quentin Tarantino has called “A horror movie unlike any other”.
It’s been hailed as “skin-crawlingly real” (Horror News), “a jaw-dropping achievement” (Moon In The Gutter) and “a giallo that rivals Argento’s DEEP RED” (Scary Minds), yet has remained largely unseen in America. Now experience “one of the greatest horror movies of the 20th Century” (Goomba Stomp) for the first time ever…and like never before.
When a young woman inherits a creaky retirement home, she’ll find herself in a waking nightmare of murder, madness and a legacy of evil that may be inescapable.
Jackie Kerin, John Jarratt (WOLF CREEK) and Alex Scott (ROMPER STOMPER) star in this “stylish and creepy must-see” (The Digital Fix) – featuring an intense synth score by Klaus Schulze of Tangerine Dream – now transferred from original Australian vault elements and packed with all-new Special Features.
- Commentary with Director Tony Williams and Producer Tim White
- Commentary with Mark Hartley & Cast Members Jackie Kerin, John Jarrett & Robert Ratti
- House Of Psychotic Women Intro By Kier-La Janisse for Morbido TV
- Extended Interviews from Not Quite Hollywood
- Return to Monteclare: Location Revisit, 2018
- Deleted Scenes
- Before the Night is Out: Ballroom Footage, 1979
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- UK VHS Trailer
- German Theatrical Trailer
- Alternate German Opening
- Image Gallery
- Tony Williams Short Films
- REVERSIBLE COVER (Blu-ray)