Severin Films presents a trio of Italian shockers on 25th June that will electrify your senses and penetrate your brain. Lacking in good taste, but overflowing with cheap thrills and titillation, ROBOWAR, NIGHT KILLER, and THE BEAST IN HEAT are all guaranteed to weed out the weakest viewers at your next Summer BBQ.
A year before their jaw-dropper SHOCKING DARK, director Bruno Mattei (VIOLENCE IN A WOMEN’S PRISON) and co-writers Claudio Fragasso & Rossella Drudi (NIGHT KILLER, ZOMBIE 4) first collaborated on this brain-melting mash-up of PREDATOR, ROBOCOP and Philippines war movie mayhem: When a team of badass commandos is hired for a jungle rescue mission, they’ll instead find them hunted by a kill-crazed creature that is part man, part machine and all glorious ‘80s ItaloSleaze. Reb Brown (UNCOMMON VALOR), Catherine Hickland (ONE LIFE TO LIVE), Massimo Vanni (RATS: NIGHT OF TERROR) and Jim Gaines (ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD) star in this “freaking awesome must-watch for any action fan” (BMovieCitadel.com), now scanned in 4k from the original negative and loaded with all-new Special Features.
- Robo Predator: Interview with Co-Director/Co-Writer Claudio Fragasso
- Italian Rip Off: Interview with Co-Writer Rossella Drudi
- Violence She Wrote: Career Interview with Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
- Robo-Lady: Interview with Actress Catherine Hickland
- Papa Doc’s War: Interview with Actor John P. Dulaney
- The Robowarrior: Interview with Actor Jim Gaines Jr.
- War in the Phillipines: Interview with Actor/Stuntman Massimo Vanni
- Catherine Hickland’s Behind The Scenes Home Movies
- Bonus Disc: CD SOUNDTRACK
Somewhere between ZOMBIE 4 and TROLL 2, writer/director Claudio Fragasso – here under the name ‘Clyde Anderson’ – set out to direct a suspense thriller about a suicidal beauty, an unstable sleazebag and a masked killer with a razor-fingered glove. But when the producers received Fragasso’s cut, they hired his former partner Bruno Mattei (THE OTHER HELL, ROBOWAR) to shoot additional scenes of graphic gore and released it in Italy as TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 3. The result is part sicko giallo, part depraved slasher and 100% batsh*t insanity that Euro Fever calls “disturbing, nasty and more inspired than most Italian horror of the early ‘90s.” Peter Hooten (INGLORIOUS BASTARDS) and Tara Buckman (SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT) star in this glorious slice of ItaloSleaze co-written by Rossella Drudi (SHOCKING DARK), now scanned in 4k from the original negative.
- The Virginia Claw Massacre: Interview With Director Claudio Fragasso
- Mindfuck: Interview With Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
THE BEAST IN HEAT
More than four decades after the subgenre first shocked the world, the most depraved Nazisploitation sickie of them all must still be seen to be believed: Writer/director Luigi Batzella (THE DEVIL’S WEDDING NIGHT, NUDE FOR SATAN) combines footage from two earlier WWII action movies with a newly-shot plot featuring a sadistic female Nazi officer (Macha Magall of Bruno Mattei’s SS GIRLS), a perpetually aroused caged ogre (Salvatore Baccaro aka ‘Boris Lugosi’ of FRANKENSTEIN’S CASTLE OF FREAKS), and a cavalcade of sexual atrocities that Horror-Extreme.com calls “tasteless and glorious…it gathers all the ethos of the genre and smashes it into a wonderfully hellish mix.” Never released in America and banned as a ‘Video Nasty’ in the UK, this notorious feast of smut-schnitzel is now scanned from 35mm negative elements with a blitzkrieg of all-new Special Features.
- Fascism On A Thread – The Strange Story of Nazisploitation Cinema: A new feature length documentary featuring interviews with Dyanne ‘Ilsa’ Thorne, Malissa ‘Elsa’ Longo, Filmmakers Sergio Garrone, Mariano Caiano, Rino Di Silvestro, Liliana Cavani, Bruno Mattei and many more.
- Nazi Nasty: Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of MURDEROUS PASSIONS