SEE prehistoric love rites! SEE primitive chieftains duel in naked fury! SEE the young lovers sacrificed! SEE staked girl menaced by giant python!
Following the enormous success of One Million Years B.C. in 1965, Hammer embarked on a series of prehistoric adventures over the next five years, concluding with Creatures the World Forgot. Directed by Don Chaffey – previously responsible for One Million Years B.C., not to mention the Ray Harryhausen classic Jason and the Argonauts – the film swapped dinosaurs for more adult content, starred former Miss Norway and ex-Bond girl Julie Ege (On Her Majesty’s Secret Service), and earned itself an ‘X’ certificate in the process. Even today, it still rates an ‘18’ from the BBFC.
Release date is set for 1st August 2022 for this Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere).
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with author and critic Kim Newman (2022)
- Hammer’s Women: Julie Ege (2022): profile of the Norwegian actor and model
- David Huckvale on Mario Nascimbene (2022): an appreciation of the film’s by the author of Hammer Film Scores and the Musical Avant-Garde
- Three Children’s Film
- Foundation films directed by Don Chaffey: Skid Kids (1953): story about a group of young cyclists; A Good Pull-up (1953): a handyman gets himself into trouble at a workers’ café; Watch Out (1953): following the escapades of Dickie Duffle as he tours a film studio
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image galleries: promotional and publicity material
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay on the film, archival interviews and articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited edition of 6,000 copies for the UK
Extras subject to change
Boxset is Region B
Pre-order yours here:
Also available to pre-order on Amazon: